Friday, September 12, 2008

How much worse can it get?

Every day it seems there is new information about Sarah Palin that makes me stop, think, and get even more terrified that she is possibly going to be a single heartbeat away from the presidency. I didn't think I could be any more shocked at her extremely conservative stances, and that I was going to be able to tell when we knew everything there was to know about her.

The news that she made rape victims pay for their own rape kits while mayor Wasilla has proved me wrong.

The race can't possibly be this close, can it? Is my county, the country that I love so very much, this easy to manipulate? When is it that we're going to say "enough is enough" and refuse to put up with it again?

1 comment:

Tao said...

Yeah, it's pretty insane.

But, I think I have something that should quell some of your hesitation about how close the race is.

http://blog.wolfram.com/2008/09
/24/analyzing-us-2008-elections-
with-mathematica/

If you can get through the nerd-talk, the real interesting stuff is on the LAST TWO graphs (the histograms). He's basically using statistical analysis to find probabilities of a democratic and republican win using recent polling data.

The results? 60.6% probability of democratic win, and only a 38.3% chance of a GOP win!