Wednesday, August 5, 2009

I miss this

I know we haven't been diligent to post and have grown a bit lethargic with the Presidential victory and the slow but assured closing of Guantanamo and withdrawal from Iraq, but that should mean we completely face plant into obscurity and forget what progressives do: push forth ideals that are forward thinking.

What better way to do so than to talk about socialized health care or as they call it in every other industrialized nation, human dignity. With all the blue dogs yapping that we need to find a middle ground, I find it sad to think that as we sit with the first democratic stronghold in the both chambers and the oval office since 92, we don't pursue something that would include all Americans and not dissuade them from trusting our government. For all the backlash we at times give them, they still provide a decent public education system, a great roadway system, and pension to our older citizens. They are not the antagonists that are out to suck the last living breath out of us which is what the GOP wants us to believe. Ironically, vampires are all the rage in pop culture except when it comes to paying into a health-care system that could give us new legs to walk on. Maybe I just don't get it but having every citizen healthy means I'm less likely to get sick, and the H1N1 flu, along with similar diseases, are less likely to create a pandemonium. Either way, opposition to the health care reform that would lead us towards "socializing" health care doesn't seem so bad.

I know I left it with the simplest of approaches but shouldn't health insurance for all be so? Thoughts?

1 comment:

Jason said...

This is a great site that you have here. I have a debate site myself and I would like to exchange links with you. We need to stick together. Let me know. Jason